Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sewing again...

A few nights ago, my husband asked if I could hem his pants-I'll be honest, I usually don't do this at all , but the poor guy needed his pants.   So I reluctantly took out my sewing machine and began getting it ready for its chore.  Meanwhile, one thing lead to another and before I knew it my love for sewing was once again ignited.  The juices began flowing and I knew I needed to do something about that!

The next day I headed over to Jo-Ann's fabric.  I decided for my first project I would make my friend's new baby a little gift.  So I picked up a baby bib pattern and the materials all for under $8 bucks!  I figured I should probably start small even though I wanted to sew a gazillion things.

I did the See and Sew pattern B5669 from Butterick.  I took some pictures for us visual people of the supplies you need to make this project and a few of the steps.

Supplies (see above link for specifics)

Place pattern on correct part of fabric.
Cut Fabric and pin right sides together.  Sew only the area around the neck.  Turn right side out.

  



Sew on the bias tape.

Sew on the rig rack. And you are done!



 

Another view of the finished product.  I'm very happy with it.


The back of the bib showed more bias and rig rack than I wanted to show, so for next time I will try and conceal that part in-between the fabrics.  

Overall though I really enjoyed making this.  I especially enjoyed being able to start and finish this in one evening without any interruptions.  I plan to make a few more and will post the pictures.  I'm very happy to get my sewing on! 

If you have never sewn or are still new at it and would like step by step instructions for this and definitions of some of the words used on the pattern instructions, feel free to let me know!  I would be happy to help.

No comments: